Monday, April 26, 2010

Long Time No Bloggy Bloggy


Wow, it's been a while! I think I've come to the conclusion that I go through phases where I'm much more introverted and then there are the times where I'm quite the extrovert. Multiple personality disorder? I think so.

Today I'm feeling a bit diary-ish (as opposed to the very gross but similar sounding malady that I'm not feeling at all like). I'm curious if I'm the only freakishly frugal 30-something out there. I mended TWO things today and I'm wondering if that's just a bit quirky in this day and age?

As I got into one of my mending projects, I realize this particular pair of boy's shorts has been mended before! So I'm just a little ashamed to admit that I mended them again. Wouldn't it be simpler to just buy the boy a new pair of shorts? But alas, they're his favorites and he wears things out sooooo quickly...typical boy. He's very active, playing rough boy things, and it tends to take it's toll on his wardrobe. But that's okay...mom's got a needle and thread! Hah! Poor guy will be wearing threadbare clothing and look like he's just climbed out of a cardboard-box-home before he knows it. Perhaps it's my grandmother showing through, but gotta love her for it! Besides, we do enjoy the laugh we get when he comes in from outdoors and his tighty whiteys have been peeking through his torn shorts bottoms, unbeknownced to him. One day I know that he will have some sort of complex about wearing mended clothing and will have his mother to thank for it. ;-P

So for tomorrow, he will once again have his favorite pair of shorts to wear, as mom heads off to the store for some more appropriate and less mended clothing, preparing herself for the fight to throw away the beloved camoflage britches.

No comments:

Post a Comment