Thursday, July 21, 2011

This Is The Day

I LOVE summertime in the rocky mountains! Today was just one of THOSE days...the weather was absolutely perfect...not too hot, not too cold. Our view (as always) of the mountains was breathtaking. We had a little garden work to do this morning, so we headed out into the beautiful sunshine and were picking peas. After about 20 minutes of this, the kids were starting to get bored with our "chore," so my daughter, always the entertainer, burst into song. And this is what she sang,

"This is the day,
(my son and I had to echo) This is the day,
That the Lord has made,
(echo) That the Lord has made,
We will rejoice,
(echo) We will rejoice,
AND PICK PEAS IN IT!"

Well, needless to say, we all burst into laughter...I just love the spontanaity and joy that children bring into our lives! We're so blessed! It certainly was the day that the Lord made...and every time I pick peas now, I'll be singing a new song...





No comments:

Post a Comment